The Kern County Fire Department (KCFD) is an organization comprised of over 625 permanent employees protecting an area which spans over 8,000 square miles.
We provide fire protection services for over 500,000 citizens living in the unincorporated areas of Kern County and the cities of Arvin, Delano, Maricopa, McFarland, Ridgecrest, Shafter, Taft, Tehachapi and Wasco. Over 546 uniformed firefighters are stationed in 46 fire stations throughout Kern County. Added to this, the Kern County Fire Department has 14 Mutual Aid Agreements with neighboring fire suppression organizations to further strengthen the emergency services available to our customers.
Firefighter Duties Includes:
To proudly serve our communities by protecting life, property and the environment through effective education, prevention, preparedness and emergency response.
To provide outstanding customer-centered Fire and Emergency Services.
Leadership, Integrity and Service.
- About Us
- Fee Schedule
- Filming Permits
- Fire Code Ordinance
- Fire Extinguisher Info
- Fire Safety Standby
- Fireworks Booth Submittal Process
- Fraud Warning
- Information Sheets
- Misc. Lists
- Aboveground Storage Tank
- Carbon Dioxide
- Commercial Fire Supression Hood Systems
- Dip Tank
- Electrified Security Gate or Fence
- Emergency Responder Radio System
- Explosive Storage
- Fire Alarm
- LPG Tank Installation
- Mobile Motor Fuel Dispensing
- Professional Fireworks Display
- Special Effects
- Special Event Public Assembly
- Spray Booth
- Stationary Storage Battery System
- Temporary Stage Canopy Permits
- Tent Permits
- Vapor Recovery System for UG Tanks
- Residential Fire Sprinklers Info
- Social Host-Fireworks
- Hazard Info